Friday, April 6, 2012

My Outdoor Oasis

I never really understood why my parents loved to garden when I was growing up. I always liked being outside but pulling weeds and raking leaves were not at all intriguing. Well, since I bought my townhouse, it all finally makes since. It gives me a sense of pride & accomplishment when I finish a little project & my yard looks a little better. It definitely takes some patience and work, but it all seems worth it when the results show up. I put in some solar lights to lead the path to my front door recently & I just love the warm, inviting affect it gives my front yard. Raking the leaves in the front and back made it feel more organized & neat. But, nothing has been like my most recent accomplishment.  My Calla Lilies that I planted a over a month ago are finally starting to sprout! More updates to come but for now the picture below will have to suffice.


1 comment:

  1. Ditto! I started when I got my house too. now i just do it in Niki's yard. :)

    ReplyDelete